Difficult times! Have you ever wondered why we go through hard times? Why challenges exists in every shape or form? I’m not sure I have an answer to that. But one thing I’m certain of is that each one of us has experienced or will experience difficult times at some point in our lives. There is no escaping this.
However, you don’t have to be consumed or overwhelmed when you’re going through.
If you find yourself between a rock and a hard place, I’d like to help you. Here are some tips to enable you cope with difficult circumstances. This is not medical advice but rather practices that have helped and continue to help me in tough times. I believe it will be helpful to you as well:
- Pray: Simply put, prayer is the practice of talking to and with God. It’s a non- judgment zone. When you pray and ask as the Word admonishes us, it can help you feel more serene and hopeful that things will be okay. God can change things for you when you pray!
- Seek support: Reach out to friends, family, or a therapist for support. It is helpful to talk to someone about your feelings so that you can gain a new perspective on them. This will enable you see more clearly. When you have clarity about your situation, you’re in a better position to deal with it.
- Take care of yourself: Focus on taking care of your physical and emotional well-being. Engaging in regular exercise, eating well, getting enough sleep, removing yourself from toxic people and places are some of the ways to accomplish this.
- Set small goals: Setting small, achievable goals can help you feel a sense of accomplishment and progress. You may find this helpful when you feel stalled or overwhelmed.
- Be kind to yourself: Accept that setbacks are part of the journey of life. However, also know that you can get through every overwhelming situation. Be kind and compassionate with yourself.
- Seek professional help: Don’t shy away from seeking help from a professional . You can develop coping strategies and work through your feelings with the help of a therapist or counselor.
Don’t forget that difficult times are a part of life, and that you can overcome the challenges you face. The ability to overcome any obstacle may take time and effort, but with prayer, support, self-care, and a positive attitude, you will succeed.
Love and Blessings,
Adja Amy (c), 2023.
Leave a Reply